Jewish Girl. Christian Camp. Holy Moly.
Walker & Company, May 10, 2011
Ellie Taylor arrives at the Christian Society Speech & Performing Arts camp and she can win it all: a scholarship to high school, a chance to compete on the best speech team in the state, and Devon--the insanely hot guy who's also her hottest competition. There's just one problem: she to hide the face that she's Jewish or risk losing it all.
What made you decide to be a writer?
I've always loved to write and tell stories. I knew I wanted to write for a job, but I never considered being an author -- not enough job security! So I got a job as an advertising copywriter and wrote TV commercials and print ads for many years. It was fun, too, but I found myself wanting to express my creativity. I just wasn't sure how. So I went back to college and got my MFA with an emphasis in playwriting. Playwriting shifted to novel writing and here I am!
All time favs: Are You There God It's Me Margaret, Judy Blume • Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austin • Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien. I still love Call of the Wild, Little Women, and Jane Eyre. Current Guilty Pleasure: the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris.
Morning person or night owl?
Morningish -- just not too early.
PC or Mac?
Mac -- from way before it was cool to have one.
What did you have for dinner today?
Lamb gyro, tomatoes, onions, blueberries and a ginormous chocolate chip cookie
Share 11 random things about yourself
1. As a kid, I couldn't fall asleep until I'd brushed my teeth twice.
2. I've ripped out the pages in my old diaries that make me blush.
3. I'm a bad loser.
4. I'm claustrophobic.
5. I hate to shop but I love to buy shoes.
6. I played cymbals in the marching band at college.
7. I talk to myself out loud while I'm writing.
8. I'd rather have an apple fritter than a piece of chocolate.
9. I have extra bones in my feet.
10. I've been married for twenty-two years.
11. I can count to three in five languages