CONTROL ISSUES, Simon Pulse – Summer 2011
CI synopsis: In a world where Thinkers control the population and Rules aren’t meant to be broken, fifteen-year-old Violet Schoenfeld does a hell of a job shattering them to pieces. When secrets about her “dead” sister and not-so-missing father hit the fan, Vi must make a choice: control or be controlled.
Visit me at my blog, twitter or facebook. I always like new people to stalk, I mean, friends.
What made you decide to be a writer? Oh, man, I think this answer might get me ostracized or something. See, I didn’t have this deep, burning desire to write since fourth grade or anything. I experienced some devastating losses in my life and writing became an emotional outlet. And it still is, which is why I continue to do it.
Favorite books/authors? Scott Westerfeld is a genius in my book. The man can write anything and I’d read it. I also adore Kathleen Duey and her Skin Hunger series. Most recently I’ve fallen in love with the grittiness of Elizabeth Scott, and the breathless romance in Carrie Ryan’s dystopias.
Morning person or a night owl? Night owl.
PC or mac? Uh, both? I use both, and like them equally well.
What did you have for dinner today? Grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.
Quick! Share 11 random things about yourself.
1. I could eat bacon for every meal.
2. I watch a lot of reality TV.
3. I drive too fast.
4. I love to laugh.
5. I attended four colleges/universities before someone would give me a diploma.
6. I now teach typing and Internet safety to 5-12 year olds.
7. I am terrified of all animals, even ducks and some kittens.
8. I took a picture of Adam Lambert to my stylist and said, “Make my hair like this.”
9. I chew entirely too much bubble gum.
10. I’ve never met a potato I didn’t like.
11. I wish I could experience my first kiss again, tell the mean girl where to shove it, and have cool superpowers like reading minds and controlling fire. To fulfill my desires, I write young adult science fiction and fantasy.