The Gathering Storm, (Delacorte, Summer 2011)
Your book's synopsis:
Fifteen year old Katerina of Oldenburg hides a dark secret from her aristocratic family: she can raise the dead. At the Smolni Institute, an elite school for daughters of European royalty and nobility, she discovers a supernatural evil growing in 1890’s St. Petersburg. She must protect her family, not only from the two most powerful vampire families in the city, but must also keep them out of the power struggle between the warring fairy courts.
Your website address: www.robinbridges.com (linked to my LJ for now)
Your Twitter handle and Facebook address, if you have one
What made you decide to be a writer? I adored Laura Ingalls’ Little House books as a kid. I thought everyone grew up to be a writer like Laura.
Favorite books/authors? Jane Austen, Toni Morrison, Eudora Welty, Margaret Atwood, Kate Chopin, Sylvia Plath, Ann Sexton, Edith Wharton, Elizabeth Gaskell, Truman Capote, Libba Bray, Holly Black, Georgette Heyer, Dianne Wynne-Jones, Melissa Marr, Mark Twain, Meg Cabot, Gary Snyder, Neil Gaiman, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Stephen King
Morning person or a night owl? I’ve been working night shift for the past ten years. The sun, it burnsssssss!
PC or mac? PC
What did you have for dinner today? Nachos
Quick! Share 11 random things about yourself.
- I am deathly afraid of aliens abducting me.
- I wrote my first poem at age 5. It did not rhyme.
- I cannot play any musical instrument.
- I am physically addicted to Diet Coke and video games.
- My house is well prepared for a zombie apocalypse.
- Or a cat 5 hurricane- whichever comes first.
- I have a 150 pound lap puppy.
- When I was seven, I wanted to be Princess Leia when I grew up.
- Now I want to be Meg Cabot when I grow up.
- I collect tarot decks, but unfortunately I’m tarot-illiterate.
- I am a compulsive list-maker.