2011 Book Title: XVI
Release Date: Spring, 2011
In the year 2150, being a girl isn’t necessarily a good thing, especially when your sixteenth (read sex-teenth) birthday is fast approaching. That in itself would be enough to make anyone more than a little nuts, what with the tattoo and all – but Nina Oberon’s life has taken a definite turn for the worse. Her mother is brutally stabbed and left for dead. Before dying, she entrusts a secret book to Nina, telling her to deliver it to Nina's father. But, first Nina has to find him; since for fifteen years he's been officially dead. Complications arise when she rescues Sal, a mysterious, and ultra hot guy. He seems to like Nina, but also seems to know more about her father than he’s letting on. Then there’s that murderous ex-government agent who’s stalking her, and just happens to be her little sister’s dad."
Like most of us, I've been writing in some form all my life. When I was little I wanted to be a poet and an artist. I sketched and painted for years (I still do occasionally, but don't let anyone see the outcomes!) I was also an avid letter writer. When my daughters were little, I wrote them bedtime stories. Now that they are out of the house, I write novels.
I actually started writing the novels when the sales clerk at the local bookstore suggested that I could write the same kind of novels I was reading. Well, I am not writing cozy mysteries - but, I am writing!
So many books - so
Morning person or a night owl?
You'll definitely find me up at the proverbial crack of dawn! And, I'll probably be writing!
I love my mac!
What did you have for dinner today?
Fusilli with cheese and a glass of red wine. I love my pasta (maybe because I was raised by my Sicilian grandmother?!)
Quick! Share 11 random things about yourself.
1. I share my home with 4 cats and 3 dogs!
2. Working up a sweat at the gym is great fun!
3. I saw the Beatles live in Chicago in 1966 & yes, I screamed! (George was always my favorite!)
4. Shoes are a weakness!
5. So is Mozart!
6. Getting dressed up for an evening out is as much fun as playing dress-up was when I was little.
7. I have been a vegetarian for about 16 years (but my mouth still waters when I smell fried chicken.)
8. I am passionate about animal welfare.
9. I won a "Best Actress" award for my performance of the lead in Shirley Jackson's "The Haunting of Hill House" when I was with a theater group in Colorado. I enjoy acting, but it takes away too much time from writing (which I love more!)
10. My body doesn't feel right if I can't experience changing seasons. When I lived in Florida for a couple of years, I longed for seasonal changes!
11. Sometimes I miss the obvious - like it was just now that I realized why we are answering "11" random things! (sheesh!)