2011 Book Title, Publisher, Release Date: Popular to be published by Flux in May 2011
Your book's synopsis: Poular is the story of the downfall of an all-powerful high school clique, precipitated by the dark secret at the core of its members' popularity.
Your website address: alissagrosso.com
My twitter handle: alissagrosso
Facebook: Alissa Grosso
What made you decide to be a writer? I've been reading ever since I learned how, and for about as long making up my own stories in my head. It just made sense to start writing them down.
Favorite books/authors? I have no idea how to answer this. I discover new favorite authors all the time. I don't even have one genre that I could list as my favorite.
Morning person or night owl? I'm a night owl. Unfortunately, my dog is an early riser. This means I take a lot of afternoon naps.
PC or Mac? I use a PC, but I'd love to have a Mac for working with photos and videos. PCs are a pain for that sort of thing.
What did you have for dinner today? It's 10:30 in the morning. I haven't eaten dinner yet! I'm planning on having some veggie pot stickers with rice and a pot of green tea.
Quick share 11 random things about yourself:
1. I love funky socks. (But I'm not a big fan of Christmas socks!)
2. I don't drink coffee.
3. In my day job I sell books to libraries.
4. I am supposed to be on the phone right now calling libraries, but instead I am typing this.
5. My life has hit a new low. I used to live on top of a mountain. I presently live in a river valley.
6. I have a sort of reverse fear of heights. I hate being in a structure with a very high ceiling. I can't look up when I am on a suspension bridge. I don't know if there is a word for this.
7. I am under the delusion that I can't be considered a crazy cat lady since I have a dog to balance out my three kitties.
8. I was almost an Alison. My father wanted me to have the nickname Ali like the actress Ali MacGraw.
9. The only brush with celebrity I can recall, is Courtney Love literally brushing against me (more like pushing me out of the way) to get down a crowded stairwell in Madison Square Garden.
10. I could if I wanted to include the word "wench" on my resume.
11. I feel bad for the 2012 debut authors because I can't even come up with 11 things to tell about myself. I don't know how they'll come up with 12.