Name: Kristi Cook
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: Feb. 2011
One month into her junior year, sixteen-year-old Violet McKenna transfers to the Winterhaven School in New York’s Hudson Valley, inexplicably drawn to the boarding school with high hopes. Leaving Atlanta behind, she’s looking forward to a fresh start--a new school, and new classmates who will not know her deepest, darkest secret, the one she’s tried to hide all her life: strange, foreboding visions of the future.
But Winterhaven has secrets of its own, secrets that run far deeper than Violet’s. Everyone there--every student, every teacher--has psychic abilities, 'gifts and talents,' they like to call them. Once the initial shock of discovery wears off, Violet realizes that the school is a safe haven for people like her. Soon, Violet has a new circle of friends, a new life, and maybe even a boyfriend--Aidan Gray, perhaps the smartest, hottest guy at Winterhaven.
Only there’s more to Aidan than meets the eye--much, much more. And once she learns the horrible truth, there’s no turning back from her destiny. Their destiny. Together, Violet and Aidan must face a common enemy--if only they can do so without destroying each other first.
What made you decide to be a writer?
All those voices in my head, clamoring to have their stories told, just wouldn't shut up! Plus, I can work in my PJ's, without having to leave my house.
Gone With the Wind/Margaret Mitchell, Pride and Prejudice/Jane Austen, Atonement/Ian McEwan, the Harry Potter series/J.K. Rowling. That's the short-short list. The long list would go on forever!
Morning person or a night owl?
PC or mac?
Mac! Never going back to PCs!
What did you have for dinner today?
Quick! Share 11 random things about yourself.
1. I never saw an episode of the TV show Star Trek till after I saw the 2009 Star Trek movie...now I am a total Trekkie! Or is it Trekker?
2. I used to dance with a professional ballet company.
3. I love to visit Civil War battlefields.
4. I almost always finish reading a book in one sitting--even if I have to stay up all night.
5. I hate winter. Really. Who wants to be cold?!
6. My three favorite TV characters are Jim from The Office, Sylar from Heroes, and Sawyer from Lost.
7. Best concert I've ever gone to? Maroon 5.
8. My favorite store is the Lucky Brand Jeans store.
9. I wish I lived in Southern California--see #5 above.
10. I had brain surgery in 1996. Definitely NOT fun.
11. I'm a NASCAR fanatic--go, Tony Stewart!