2011 Book Title: How Lamar's Bad Prank Won a Bubba-Sized Trophy
Publisher: HarperCollins - Balzer and Bray
Release Date (if known) Spring/Summer 2011
Your book's synopsis.Thirteen-year-old LAMAR WASHINGTON is the maddest, baddest most spectacular bowler ever at Striker’s Bowling Paradise. In addition to hanging out at Striker's all summer, Lamar vows to change his image from dud to stud by finding a way to make money and snag a super fine Honey. So when a crafty teenage thug invites him to use his bowling skills to hustle, Lamar seizes the opportunity. As his judgment blurs, Lamar makes an irreversible error, damaging every relationship in his life. Now he must figure out how to mend those broken ties, no matter what it will cost him.
Your website address
Your Twitter handle and Facebook address, if you have one twitter.com/rcpjallen; Facebook: Crystal Allen; email firstname.lastname@example.org
What made you decide to be a writer? When I realized how much I loved writing stories for my children and when characters began camping out in my brain.
Favorite books/authors? Neal Shusterman, Sharon Draper, Gordan Korman, Mildred Taylor, Chris Crutcher, Christopher Paul Curtis, Sherman Alexie
Morning person or a night owl? I prefer mornings.
PC or mac? PC
What did you have for dinner today? Fish and potato salad
Quick! Share 11 random things about yourself.
1. I was born in Germany. (Army brat)
2. My name is Crystal because when you come back to the U.S. from Germany, you're suppose to bring a baby, Crystal and a cuckoo clock. No jokes please.
3. My sister ran over me with a lawn mower. Intentional? Jury's still out.
4. I've lived in Germany, Texas, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Minnesota, Alabama and Indiana.
5. While living in Indiana, I was corn-shucking queen of my third grade class.
6. I lived on a farm most of my young life. (That's where I learned how to shuck so fast!)
7. I've got a black belt in cooking and eating.
8. Homemade mac and cheese is my favorite thing to make and eat.
9. Cruising is my absolute, hands down, favorite way to vacation.
10. I want to write a book with two nine-year olds.