Name: Kiki Hamilton
2011 Book Title: THE FAERIE RING, Tor Books / Macmillan
Release Date: October 2011
Synopsis of THE FAERIE RING:
Orphaned and living in an abandoned clockmaker's shop adjoing Charing Cross railway station, sixteen year-old Tiki picks the pockets of passing travelers to survive. Her efforts support not only herself, but her 'family' of orphans, including fragile five year-old Clara. When Tiki steals the Queen's ring, she thinks she's solved their problems. That is until Rieker, a tough from the west side, shows up in Charing Cross and informs her that the ring is really a reservoir that holds an age-old truce between the world of faerie and man. Unless guarded, faeries will search for the ring and destroy it, as well as anyone who has knowledge of the ring's location...
Facebook: Kiki Hamilton
What made you decide to become a writer?: Like everybody here I've always loved to write, but having the time to write was another story. Actually, it's still a juggling act. But honestly, it was reading Harry Potter that spurred me (and probably a million other writers) to start writing. A few years ago I decided I was going to write a sweet little story for my daughter about mermaids but the characters kept talking to me and it turned into something different. So I kept writing and revising and writing and revising etc. etc. and here I am.
Favorite Books / Authors: JK Rowling, Megan Whalen Turner, Dan Brown, Harlen Coben, Ridley Pearson, Suzanne Collins, Scott Westerfeld, Stephenie Meyer
Morning person or night owl: Probably a morning person because I have to be - but I've seen my share of sunrises. =) (er...without going to sleep first...)
PC or Mac: PC
What did you have for dinner today?: Still waiting to see what the dinner-cooking faerie's going to bring - where the hell is she, anyway? But I'm thinking tacos.
Quick! Share 11 random things about yourself:
1. I'm good at randomness but not so much random things about myself
2. I love music and I'm learning to play guitar
3. I've eaten so much chocolate in my life that I've become allergic to it, but that doesn't stop me
4. I have the same agent as Carrie Harris and Julia Karr
5. Definitely a dog person
7. I just went to the places in my book for the first time - which was very cool and surreal at the same time
8. I live in Washington State and have banana palm trees growing in my back yard
9. I used to have a motorcycle - before I had a daughter
10. I love to sing, but unfortunately, can't carry a tune
11. I believe in ghosts