Name: Amy Holder
2011 Book Title: THE LIPSTICK LAWS
Publisher: Graphia (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's teen imprint)
Release Date: Spring 2011
THE LIPSTICK LAWS synopsis:
At Penford High School, Britney Taylor is queen bee. She dates whomever she likes, rules over her inner circle of friends like Genghis Kahn, and can ruin anyone's life as easily as snapping her perfectly manicured fingers. Just ask the unfortunate few who have crossed her.
For April Bowers, Britney is also the answer to her prayers. With zero friends and nothing close to a boyfriend, April is so unpopular, kids don't know she exists. That is, until Britney notices her. One lunch spent at Britney's table, and April is basking in the glow of popularity.
But Britney's friendship comes with a price tag.
How much is April willing to pay?
Website: www.AmyHolder.com Coming soon...
What made you decide to be a writer?
Writing has been a hobby of mine since I can remember. I wrote my first chapter book (62 pages) in third grade. I always dreamed of having a career as an author, but wasn't sure if this was an attainable goal. Instead, I pursued a degree and career in an unrelated field. Before long, I realized that I didn't feel completely fulfilled unless I was writing. This is what prompted me to abandon my doubts, and go for my dream of becoming a published author. Now I am finally achieving the dream I've had since childhood and am doing something that I am truly passionate about.
I read mostly Chick Lit and YA. I love anything by Sophie Kinsella, Louise Rennison and J.K. Rowling. I'm also a fan of Meg Cabot, Jennifer Weiner, Carolyn Mackler, Laurie Halse Anderson, J.D. Salinger, Ellen Hopkins, Sarah Dessen, Alyson Noel, Mitch Albom, Alice Sebold, Katherine Paterson and Charles Dickens (one of my favorite stories is A Christmas Carol). While growing up, I loved Dr. Suess, Roald Dahl, Shel Silverstein, Judy Blume and Beverly Cleary. These authors helped to nurture my love of writing and reading at a young age.
Morning person or a night owl?
I'm a night owl all the way. In fact, I'm known to keep vampire hours when I'm in the middle of writing a book.
PC or mac?
What did you have for dinner today?
Mediterranean shrimp pasta - yummy-von-yumster!!!
Quick! Share 11 random things about yourself.
1. I'm a huge animal lover and have rescued/adopted four adorable pets.
2. My first publication was a greeting card design and concept through Oatmeal Studios
3. I was born on my mother's birthday
4. My hair is naturally curly... hence it goes berserk in humid weather.
5. I consider my Chi hair straightening iron one of my most trusted confidants... unless there's a power outage, of course. (Refer back to #4)
6. Fall is my favorite season. I love the cool breeze and colorful leaves.
7. My teenage years were spent in the grunge era of the 90's. This is still one of my favorite music genres to date.
8. Online shopping is one of my weaknesses. How can you not love the convenience?
9. I'm slightly addicted to reality TV. Yes, that's right, I need reality rehab... not my best quality, I know.
10. I love to play Scrabble - it's probably the word loving writer in me.
11. I've never broken a bone or been stung by a bee (as of writing this - hopefully I don't jinx myself).