Would love if you checked it out!
Thurs, Aug 16, 6pm – Mrs. Nelson's Toy and Book Shop, 1030 Bonita Ave., La Verne, CA
Fri, Aug 17, 6:30pm – Murder By The Book, 2342 Bissonnet, Houston, TX
Sat, Aug 18, 7pm – St. Louis County Library Headquarters Auditorium, 1640 S. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO
Sun, Aug 19, 6pm – Joseph-Beth Booksellers, 2785 Dixie Hwy, Crestview Hills, KY
Mon, Aug 20, 5pm – Warren Newport Library, 224 N. O’Plaine Rd., Gurnee, IL
Tues, Aug 21, 7pm –Skokie Public Library, 5215 Oakton Street, Skokie, IL
Wed, Aug 22, 7pm – Powell's Books at Cedar Hills Crossing, 3425 Cedar Hills Blvd, Beaverton, OR
Thurs, Aug 23, 7pm – Third Place Books, 17171 Bothell Way NE, Lake Forest Park, WA (With Amanda Hocking)Fri, Aug 24, 7pm – Kepler's Books, 1010 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA
If you're near any of those locations, PLEASE come see us, so it's not just us reading to each other. (Cuz that would be embarrassing.) Hope to meet some of you!
wed aug 15 @ 4pm - RJ Julia, madison CT
tues aug 21 @ 6pm - Books of Wonder, NYC
wed aug 22 @ 6pm - Barnes and Noble, Westport CT
hope to see you and hope all are well.
“It has long been a dream of mine to give back to the writing community,” Greenwald said in a prepared statement. “I am now delighted to be able to do just that, as long as the writing community pays my expenses and throws in a few hot stone massages.”
Greenwald, the author of the somewhat-obscure CHARLIE JOE JACKSON series, went on to describe how excited he is to get started. “I know there are a lot of pre-published writers out there who are looking for feedback,” he said. “I look forward to talking with them about how to shape their voice, who might be the best editors for their work, and which yoga classes they recommend I take.”
Reaction around the children’s literature community was swift and universal. “This is so great,” said Greenwald’s editor, Nancy Mercado of Roaring Brook Press. “I have no idea what Tommy could possibly say that would help other writers, but he could definitely stand to lose a little weight.”
1. Never use the words “summer” and “school” in the same sentence.
2. Don’t wear socks between June 1 and September 30.
3. Ice cream melts fast, so eat it quickly, then have some more.
4. If a girl asks you if she looks fat in a bathing suit, never say “yes.”
5. French fries go with everything.
6. Swimming counts as a shower.
7. When your mom tells you you’re getting too much sun, go inside and play video games.
8. Sand belongs on the beach, not in your bed.
9. Stay away from movies that involve a lot of screaming.
10. Never use the words “summer” and “reading list” in the same sentence.
I'm so excited to reveal the cover for book two in THE FAERIE RING series today! There's a full post over on my blog. Thanks for letting me share!!